Nigerian pop star Oladipupo Olabode Oladimenji, popularly known as Oladips, has sadly passed away. The news was confirmed through a statement posted on his Instagram page, stating that he left us at exactly 10:14 pm on Tuesday night.
Oladipupo Olabode Oladimeji, best known by his stage name Oladips a Nigerian rapper, singer and composer, who was born in Ogun State on March 24, 1995.
Reports had it this morning that he collapsed and was rushed to the hospital.
His personal assistant also stated yesterday that the musician’s mother requested that he bring him home instead of the hospital.
Oladips was signed to Reminisce’s record label before he fell out. He has since then released several songs and worked with top artistes in the industry.
Oladips: A Look At All You Need To Know About Him, As Another Fast Rising Nigerian Rapper Dies At 28
Below are few things you should know about him;
- Oladips began to pursue his musical dreams at the age of sixteen. He began with lyrics slams before gaining fame among Facebook rap battlers. He defeated Don Geo in one of his most significant battles.
- Oladips’ victory at the D’banj-hosted competition “King is Here” might be considered his biggest and first break.
- He was recognised by other rappers as well as the general public. Oladips also inked his first record deal with EDGE Records, a Nigerian music label. Since then, he has had the opportunity to perform on stage alongside several exceptional and prosperous Nigerian celebrities who are leaders in the music industry. Furthermore, our emerging star was regularly invited to perform at events across several African countries.
- He was the composer of the song “Don’t Let Dagrin Down,” which was created in honour of the late Dagrin and won numerous accolades.
- On July 1, 2019, news of Ola Dips’ dismissal from LRR/EDGE Records surfaced. He continued to record a song in which he chastised label CEO Reminisce and accused him of breaking a contract.
- He claimed that this happened because less money was put into his music business and that his career did not take off as rapidly as he had been advised. The record label claimed they had no contract and were only offering assistance.
- Rapper Oladips had recorded and released a lot of songs before his death. He is most popular for his song “Lalakukulala” in which he featured Reminisce.
- Other songs include: She tell me say, Mainland to Island “The Ep”, Chache, African Beauty, Lagos Anthem (remix), Maybe, amongst many others.
The rapper was heard asking his friend, on Instagram, to take him to the hospital in a video that went viral on November 15, 2023.
Oladips sent a message on his Instagram account asking his friend who had left the house to bring him some medication so he could go home before he was taken to the hospital.
In the video, Oladips can be heard pleading with his friend to take him to the hospital. He appeared to have passed out while going to the hospital, as his friends who were behind him could be heard calling out his name.
The primary cause of the illness has not yet been disclosed. Regretfully, his management declared his passing on November 15, 2023, claiming he passed away the previous day, November 14, 2023.
BY IYABO AINA
Publisher Of News Rain Nigeria