Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Newspaper Headlines Today Friday 26th May 2023, can be accessed below.
Below are today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The President-elect, Bola Tinubu on Thursday pledged to address the security and power crises, among other challenges confronting the country. Tinubu who was handed the transition report by President Muhammadu Buhari promised not to disappoint Nigerians.
2. The Joint Health Sector Unions and the Assembly of Health Care Professional Association have directed their members to embark on an indefinite strike. The National Vice President of JOHESU, Dr. Obinna Ogbonna, said this at a press briefing held in Abuja on Thursday.
3. Fire has gutted the personal residence of the outgoing Governor of Kano State, Dr Abdulahi Ganduje at Miyangu Street in Nassarawa GRA Kano. The Public Relations Officer of the State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, who confirmed the incident on Thursday, explained that the fire was already under control by the time firefighters got to the residence.
4. The Presidential Candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party and former Governor of Kano State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has urged politicians to build people rather than steal public funds. He gave this advice in Minna on Thursday when he served as the chairman at the inaugural lecture of the Niger State Governor-elect, Mohammed Bago.
5. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has expressed optimism that Dangote Refinery, when fully functional in July, will address the scarcity of foreign exchange in the country. According to Emefiele, with local refining, about 20 per cent of the total cost of importing petroleum products could be saved.
6. Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has said some members of his cabinet conspired against his re-election. Sule made the revelation during a valedictory session held with the outgone members of the state executive council in government house, Lafia on Thursday, before he announced the sack of his cabinet.
7. Mallam Adamu Adamu has confessed that he was a novice in the education sector when President Muhammadu Buhari appointed him Minister of Education in 2015. Adamu stated this at a valedictory session with officials and heads of parastatals of the Ministry on Thursday.
8. Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday led Vice-President-elect, Kashim Shettima, on a familiarisation tour of the VP wing of the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja. Shettima spoke to State House reporters after the tour.
9. A lawyer and politician, Ambrose Owuru, has been fined N40 million by the Court of Appeal in Abuja for filing a case seeking to prevent the inauguration of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as president. In a judgment on Thursday, a three-member panel of the court held that the case by Owuru and Hope Democratic Party (HDP) amounted to an abuse of court process.
10. Two persons have been confirmed dead in a lone accident involving a truck at the Kara end of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. It was gathered that the accident occurred around 8 pm on Wednesday while the truck was conveying tubers of yam inward Ogun State.