It is no longer news that Ahmed Usman Ododo emerged winner of Kogi State governorship election.
Recall that on Sunday night, 12th November 2023, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Usman Ododo was declared the winner of the Kogi state governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The Returning Officer for the election, Prof. Johnson Urama of the University of Nigeria, Nnsuka, announced the results at the INEC state collation centre in Lokoja, the state capital.
Ododo polled 446,237 votes to defeat Murtala Ajaka of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), who came second with 259,052 votes.
Dino Melaye, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 46,362 votes.
A Look At All You Should Know About Kogi State Governor-elect, Ahmed Usman Ododo
Meanwhile, below are few things you should know about Alhaji Ahmed Usman Ododo, Kogi Governor-elect:
- Born on 1st January, in Okene, Okene Local Government area of Kogi State, Ododo, he started his education at the Local Government Primary/ Roman Catholic Mission School, (LGEA/RCM) Upogoro, Okene Local Government Area of Kogi State where he obtained his first school leaving certificate in 1987.
- The young Ododo sought and gained admission to the Local Government Secondary School in his village, Upogoro where he studied and obtained his Senior Secondary Certificate Examination result in 1993.
- Alhaji Usman Ododo thereafter applied to the prestigious Federal Polytechnic Bida Niger state, where he obtained a National Diploma in Accounting in 1997 subsequently followed by a Higher National Diploma in Accounting in 2001 graduating with Upper credit.
- Usman Ododo enrolled for computer and ICT training at Unique Computer Institute, Oweri in Imo state where he received Computer Proficiency Training.
- Ododo, who was filled with a very high unquenchable appetite for higher education, proceeded to the great Achievers University Owo, Ondo state, and obtained a Bachelors’ of Science Degree (BSc) in Accounting with special attention on FORENSICs. This was in 2014.
- In 2022, Alhaji Usman Ododo bagged a Masters’ of Science Degree, MSc in Accounting from Salem University.
With these documented academic training and qualifications, Usman Ododo enrolled and got himself registered with professional bodies and associations which are relevant to his profession.
He is a member of the:
· Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) as registered Professional
· Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Finance & Control of Nigeria (CIFCN)
· Certified Participant of the Chartered Institute of Finance & Control of Nigeria (CIFCON)
· Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
· Chartered Member of the Nigeria Institute of Management
· Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) among others
- From 1997 until his eventual appointment as Auditor General for Local Government in Kogi State, Alhaji Ahmed Usman Ododo worked as Kogi State industrial Training Personnel from 1997-1998, thought at his alma mater, Local Government Secondary School, Upogoro-Okene, Central Bank of Nigeria Owerri Imo State during is NYSC assignment from 2002-2003.
- He also had a stint at the National Power Training Institute of Nig (NAPTIN) as its Manager of Finance and the Power Holding Company of Nigeria PLC, Kontagora as Assistant Manager Revenue and Power Holding Company of Nigeria PLC, Kontagora as Disbursement Officerfrom 2005-2007.
- By 2016 when Yahaya Adoza Bello emerged Governor of Kogi State, Alhaji Usman Ododo was appointed Auditor General For Local Government of Kogi State.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Ododo is a recipient of the Services Excellence Award 2016 by Kogi State Government of Nigeria.
- He loves playing Table Tennis, Volley Ball, Teaching and takes his prayer life very seriously.
- Alhaji Usman Ododo is happily married with children.
BY IYABO AINA
Publisher Of News Rain Nigeria