Nigeria Newspaper Headlines For Today 18th September 2023 Can Be Accessed Below.
News Rain Nigeria has compiled the top 10 Nigeria News Headlines and Naija News from Nigerian newspapers. This means that the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria today can be accessed on this page.
Top 10 Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News For Today, Monday 18th September 2023 Can be accessed below:
1. President Bola Tinubu has appointed Kingsley Stanley Nkwocha as Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Media and Communications in the Presidency. Nkwocha was appointed alongside several others who will work in the Office of the Vice President.
2. Minister of Works, Engineer Dave Umahi, has said the current administration inherited at least N14 trillion worth of 2,604 road projects covering 18,000 kilometers from the Muhammadu Buhari-led government. He stated this at the weekend after his first briefing session with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
3. Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, in Imo State on patrol along Aba-Owerri Expressway, have rescued five pregnant teenage girls suspected to be victims of child trafficking. They were picked up while being relocated from their hideout in the Naze area of Owerri to Ikenegbu area of the state capital, the spokesperson for the anti-narcotics agency, Femi Babafemi, revealed in a statement on Sunday.
4. Olubunmi Osadahun, Ondo State Woman Affairs Commissioner, was at the weekend, attacked in the Arigidi Akoko Area of the State during the distribution of palliatives. She was allegedly attacked by some members of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the council area following the allegation that the exercise was shrouded in secrecy.
5. The Federal Government on Sunday sent an invitation to the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and its counterpart in the Trade Union Congress (TUC) for a fresh meeting in order to avert looming indefinite strike occasioned by the removal of fuel subsidy. The union had given a 3-week ultimatum to embark on an indefinite strike over fuel subsidy removal.
6. Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has alleged plans by the President Bola Tinubu administration to unleash a regime of propaganda on the country in the days ahead. Atiku, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu, yesterday, said the “fake news” about the lifting of the visa ban by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) was just a “tip of the iceberg.”
7. The corpse of a Political Science student of the Nasarawa State University, Lafia, Yusuf Mubaraq (27), who was declared missing on Saturday last week, has been found in Kwara State. The late Mubaraq, an indigene of Kwara State, was last seen around 10 pm on Wednesday after he went to a friend in GRA, Ilorin.
8. Weeks after failing to defend her World title after finishing 6th in the final of World Athletics Championship in Budapest, Nigeria’s Tobi Amusan is back on winning streak. With a 12:33 seconds record, the Nigerian athlete won her third consecutive Diamond League title in the Women’s 100 metres hurdle.
9. Tragedy struck in Okanla community, Irepodun Local Government Area of Osun State on Sunday as some men bearing arms stormed the palace of Olokonla of Okanla, killing an admission seeker, Ibrahim Qudus, before setting the building ablaze. Eyewitness said the assailants were led by a man identified simply as Naim, who was the only one among the attackers that did not cover his face.
10. A building with over 500 rooms has collapsed in the Ketu area of Lagos State. According to findings, at least two persons are currently battling for their lives at a private hospital after the school-turned-residential building partially collapsed on Saturday.