Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Tuesday 24th May 2022, below.
News Rain Nigeria has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The All Progressives Congress, APC, has issued a revised timetable of activities for its governorship, State House of Assembly, Senate and House of Representatives primary elections. According to a statement signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka, the governorship primary would hold 26th, Senate 27, House of Reps 28 and presidential 29/30 May.
2. Suspected political thugs and hoodlums, yesterday, attacked the campaign train of the Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola. The thugs also attacked the bus of the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeri an Union of Journalists (NUJ), which was in the convoy of the governor.
3. A former House of Representatives member and Governorship Aspirant in Anambra State, Chuma Nzeribe was on Monday in Abuja convicted in the 4- count criminal charges brought against him by the Federal Government.
4. Governor Samuel Ortom has won the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2023 election in Benue North West senatorial district. Ortom’s emergence followed his adoption by delegates from the seven local government areas which make up the Benue North West senatorial zone.
5. Nigerian music star turned politician, Banky W, has won the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, House of Representative Primaries for Eti-Osa Federal Constituency. An aide of the singer, Kennedy Salami, stated in an interview that Banky W had a landslide victory.
6. The Federal Government has shortlisted about 8,800 applicants from among 26,000 that applied for its overseas scholarship programme. The Manager, Overseas Scholarship Scheme at Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), Bello Mustapha, stated this on Monday during the commencement of the interviews for the applicant at the Abuja centre.
7. Governor Darius Ishāku of Taraba State has won the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, southern Taraba senatorial primary. He got 154 votes to win the primary.
8. The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has urged that the killings in the South-East should stop. Kanu also demanded the immediate release of Mrs Ukamaka Ejezie, a newspaper vendor popularly known as ‘Mama Biafra’ in Abia State. He stated this when his younger brother, Emmanuel Kanu visited him at the DSS custody.
9. An Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court on Monday sentenced a dismissed policeman, Mohammed Alidu, to life imprisonment for defiling a nine-year-old school girl in a police barracks. Justice Abiola Soladoye, in her judgment, held that Alidu was a disgrace to the police because he failed to uphold law and order and went about frolicking with an underage girl.
10. Governors of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, on Monday night, met to deliberate on issues regarding the forthcoming presidential primary of the party. Though journalists were as usual barred from accessing the meeting, it was gathered that the governors met to evaluate the activities of the party in the lead up to the convention.